Something you're proud of in the last few days
Since the month of June began, I have been working with Everett on learning the letters. He's almost 4, and actually, he knows all the letters really well. So when Karcher and Jovie are asleep in the afternoon, we work on learning the sounds of the letters, and how to write them/hold a pencil the right way. It's my favorite part of the day, because I feel like I actually have a student, and I really, really miss teaching all the time! And the best part of it all? He's remembering things! Sometimes I think he's not completely paying attention to what I'm telling him; but then the other day, he picked up a marker and then asked me if he was holding it right. And he was! Woot! I was so excited! Plus, he now knows the sounds for the letters A, B, C, D, E and F. :)
And Karcher? He's doing great, too. He is ALWAYS asking about Dad and Ampa (Grandpa) and Erinn and I are constantly reminding him that they are at work. He also likes to point at the pictures of everyone and say who it is. He calls me Ashi (no L sound. It's so cute!) and Jovie is Jo, and Everett is Evett. It used to be that every time you would point to his picture, he would call himself Everett. But I finally got him to say his own name! Well, Archer is what he says. But it's still cute, and I love that they are both learning so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment