Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 13

5 favorite books and why

Mysterious Benedict Society 1-3 by Treton Lee Stewart
      I love these books! I never would have picked them up, but my 5th grade mentor teacher last fall reads them to her class every year. Which meant that I got to read the entire first book, and start the second one with her class this year. They make for some GREAT read-alouds, and I hope that when I finally get a full time teaching job, it's 5th grade so that I can also read them these books.

The Giver by Lois Lowry
       Another great novel! I'm not sure what it is about this book, but I just love it.

Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls
       Maybe I've spent too much time in elementary school again, because I read all of these either when I was in school, or while I've been teaching school. I haven't actually read this one or a while, but I do own it because I love it. It's just awesome.

The Work and the Glory series by Gerald Lund
       I love these ones because of their historical nature. I just love learning new things about church history, so the notes at the end of the chapters were probably my favorite part.

Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park
        These make for some great read-alouds for younger grades! The kids can really relate to Junie B., and they are funny, which keeps them entertained. Plus, they keep me entertained. Probably because of all the inside jokes from reading them at Mill Hollow. Peep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment