Back in August, I had the chance to go visit Jason and Shayla. Months previous, Jason had been telling me about some awesome place that they go to get ice cream after going to the temple, and I said he should send me some. His response was "You come. We go to temple. We go get fat." So I said okay. And that's exactly what we did in August. Turns out the place we went for dinner used to be a Leatherby's, but now it's something like Eats and Treats. But still with a Leatherby's menu. And it was all the same food. Good think I like that place, eh?
Now you see why Jason said we go get fat!
Then school started at the end of August. We had a two day student teaching orientation, which was actually really boring. They just told us the exact same stuff they've been telling us all the through the program. Do they think we've never heard it before? September 1st was my first day in fifth grade. And honestly, I didn't really like it at the beginning. The thought of teaching older kids scared me. A lot. But, my cooperating teacher, Launa, is so fantastic! I was telling someone the other day about how I've really lucked out and had the best cooperating teachers all the way to the end. Anyway, remember how I said at the beginning that teaching keeps a person extremely busy? Yeah, this is what my calendar looked like for September.
Janielle (aka Daisy) so kindly added little notes for me. :) Thank goodness my October calendar isn't anywhere near that full! I only have 10 days left in fifth grade. And honestly, I'm really going to miss it. My class is absolutely fantastic! They chat a lot, but they all know how to work hard and help each other. And I love all of the fifth grade teachers. We just started our math groups yesterday and I get to work with the group that Angeline has. I love being able to see so many different teaching styles! But, at the same time, I'm really excited to move upstairs to kindergarten. It's easier for me to teach the younger kids for some reason. And, I already know I will have another fabulous cooperating teacher!
School and IWA seem to take over my life. It's not so bad, just go, go, go! We have service week coming up for IWA, and I have to figure out what to get for our speakers, as well as get some of my treasurers to volunteer to pick up food, etc. Should be fun. Oh, Elise did a photoshoot with me a couple weekends ago for graduation in 2 months. Check it out here! Here's a few other photos of life since being back in Logan.

Hanging out at the USU/BYU game
And yet another football game.

Yep, we're attractive.

A bunch of us went hiking on Labor Day.
Apparently there's not as many as I thought. Oh well. I guess I'll go work on some lesson plans while I wait for the car fixing place to call Dad and tell him why my car doesn't start. Exciting, no?
Ps. Yes, I'm aware that my header doesn't match the rest of my blog. It's currently under construction.





No comments:
Post a Comment