Also, I planned a trade fair for my class this past week. This has been our first actual social studies unit and we've spent a lot of time talking about Marco Polo, Bartolomeu Dias, and (tomorrow) Vasco da Gama. Among others. :) With this comes discussion about how things used to be traded, etc. And I thought it would be a good idea for them to experience a trade fair. So they all brought one or two things to trade, and they had twelve minutes to do it. Launa and I both thought they'd be done faster than that, but they took the whole time, and still wanted to keep going! I wish I could post the pictures I got of it, because they really enjoyed it. Probably as much as they like our read aloud book....and that's a lot! Speaking of our read aloud, it's probably one of my new favorite books. It's called The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart. Love it! We're almost done with book one, and then we'll start book two...right before I move up to kindergarten. :( Guess I'll just have to talk Mom into getting it for me for Christmas or something.
We had our IWA Women's Conference yesterday. Wow! It's amazing what something like that can do for you after a really bad week. Multiple things have either bugged me or stressed me out lately (mostly because I spend WAY too much time thinking!) and when my car died last Monday, that was the last straw. And things didn't really get better as the week went on. But then Friday was a pretty good day at school. And I got to go be with Aundrea when she got her endowments. And at midnight, I rearranged my living room. It seems like there's so much more space now!
I still wasn't really looking forward to being at the institute by 8:30 on a Saturday morning, though. And I didn't get up until 8. (Oops?) I finally made it up there, but also didn't really have a good attitude about it still. We practiced with the choir, made sure everything was ready, and then went into the faculty room to meet with Ardeth G. Kapp and Merilee Webb. Yep...I met, hugged, and talked with a former Young Women's General President. Cool, huh? :) Sister Webb has directed several choirs for general YW broadcasts, among other choirs. It was sitting in that room with them that I finally realized that I was there for a reason, though I had no idea what it was. It wasn't until the conference was long over that I figured it out, either. And I'm so glad I finally caught on! Things don't look so bleak anymore, and I love it. I just wish it hadn't taken me six days to figure it out.
Here's a couple of songs just because. And they seem to fit right now. *I'm not posting them for the videos...just the songs.





1) The new blog title - where the heck did you come up with that?
ReplyDelete2) Tried that book. Couldn't get into it. Didn't finish. Let me know what happens.
I love your blogs. Love Grandma
ReplyDeleteLacey: 1) Elise came up with it. She based it off of my email address. 2) Really? You couldn't get into it? Maybe I like it because I was forced to get into it. I don't know. But I really want to read the second one now!
ReplyDeleteGrandma, thanks! I love you!
Shlipea... shli in a pod.
ReplyDeleteLove your bedroom! I am glad it helped you! I also love your new blog!
ReplyDelete