Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween, anyone?

First, I won a contest! This page that I follow on Facebook (I follow their blog, too) posted something about guessing a number between 1 and 50 and whoever got it first would get a free cd of counting songs. So I figured, what the heck, I'll play; and I guessed 12. Twenty minutes later, I found out I won! So now I get a counting songs cd and I'm super excited to use it with my kindergarteners. :)

Second, kindergarten. It's not so bad after all. I still really miss my 5th graders though. But it's nice being in the same school. A few of them come see me daily, either before or after school. And others I just wave to as they walk past after school. It's great. Yesterday they asked me if I was going to come see them in their costumes. I wasn't sure of the kindergarten Friday schedule, so I told them I couldn't promise, but I'd try. Turns out lunch is at the same time on Friday's and since I go just a few minutes before they go to lunch, I hurried down and surprised them with a visit. :) It totally made my day when all 27 of them (almost in unison) gasped and exclaimed "Miss Barnes!" I so wish I could have stayed with them all semester! But, back to kindergarten. Those kids are so super cute. I already have them wrapped around my finger. :) Hopefully they don't cry when I leave in 6 weeks like they did when Holly left last week. Also, I'm not a fan of Halloween. But celebrating it with my students is awesome! And my costume rocked. :)


Some Mill Hollow friends are on their way up right now, and we are going to have a mini party with them. This time I am dressing up as Cheerleader from Teen Girl Squad. :)

Third, on Monday we took our kindergarteners to the pumpkin walk. So I went twice during the day. Then, during FHE, Elise called and asked if I wanted to go again. It was pretty awesome this year, and I told her I would go because I really wanted to see them all lit up. Here's some of my favorites.












And now some with people in them...

Looking for the aliens in each scene.

Stina has awesome jumping skills.

We flew!

We tried to spell fun.

One of my most favorite movies.

Yep. We're cool enough to get our picture with the witch. Also, this was the third witch I'd seen there that day.

Janielle as the Genie.


Elise is a sad Yoda.

My all time favorite!

Coming out of the pumpkin mouth.

Mostly, this week has been pretty awesome. We also had service week for IWA. I'm so glad it's over, but it was fun while it lasted. I also turned in my license application yesterday. Now I just have to wait another six weeks. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you took these. We got there and I realized I had forgot my camera!

    ReplyDelete