Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why I Love UEA

Wow. This week has been so much better than last! Unfortunately, my car is still dead. The engine Dad was going to get for it turned out to be bad; so it's just sitting at home. I think. At least I have Mom's car for now, so I can still get to school, and various other places. Like UEA. Holly and I got up super early on Friday to be in Sandy by 8am. At least I got one day to sleep in, right? (And yes, I took full advantage of it by not getting up until 10. :D) And actually, we didn't even get there until 8:30. It was so fun to hang out with Tycee, Ashlee, Caitie, and Holly again!  We spent the entire day together, sitting through a couple of really boring classes, one really good one, eating lunch, and browsing through the idea fair. We all left with a bag full of stuff. Too bad we didn't think to get a picture of us holding everything. That would have been entertaining!

After the conference was over, we headed to Jordan Commons for a movie. We saw Life As We Know It, and boy was it good! Before the movie, though, Caitie spotted a little machine thing that you can win a movie from. As in the actual dvd. So she tried it. Six times. And never won. But here she is trying...her first and I think fourth attempt.




Chillin' with the girls at Texas Roadhouse

It's been so great going through the program with these girls! I wish Tycee, Ashlee, and Caitie were student teaching up north so that we could play together more often. (Not that Holly and I play a lot, because, well, we're always doing something related to school! Unless, of course, we're sleeping.) 

I spent the rest of my weekend at home writing the end of my social studies unit. It actually made me really sad. I've really grown to love 5th grade, and I so wish I could just stay there for my second block! But, kindergarten won't be terrible. I hope. It will be quite the different way of thinking, that's for sure. Oh, yeah. I also started learning a new song on the piano while I was at home yesterday. 


Yeah, after three hours I still haven't even mastered the first page. And there's 30 pages. But that first big run? Yep, almost have that one down. :) Too bad I don't have constant access to a piano anymore. Also, I don't think this is the exact version that I have, but it's close enough. Gershwin was definitely one talented guy!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that picture of you.

    I don't think I even knew you played the piano!

    Will you do kindergarten at the same school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I've played for almost 14 years now. (Wow! I never realized it'd been that long!) But I don't play as much anymore since I don't have easy access to a piano to practice on. :(

    Yep, same school. So at least I'll still get to see my 5th graders every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete