Saturday, October 23, 2010

D-r-o-w-n-e-d R-a-t-s

Janielle posted pictures on Facebook of today's activities, so I decided to be a picture stealer and blog. Because I don't have any lessons to be writing this weekend. (Secretly, I wish I did. Because I am so bored!) However, I have been reading The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey most of the day. It's so good! And it totally makes me wish I was going to be there to finish it with my 5th graders! I would love to see their reactions to some of the events. :)

Anyway, today was the homecoming game. I wasn't going to go because I was so sucked into my book. But then Janielle came over and asked if I wanted to go up with her so she didn't have to go alone. So I said okay. It's been pretty cloudy all day, and we decided that if it started to pour rain we would come home. Well, approximately 2 seconds after we got to the stadium it started raining. And it just kept getting harder. So we came home at half time. And this is what we looked like.

At the game

Walking home. We were already soaked, so we decided to jump in the puddle. And many others.


This is what we looked like by the time we actually got home.

On a side note, I now have everything I need to turn in my application for a teaching license. Weird! There's only 7 weeks until graduation. (Which means 9 until Christmas! :D) I think it's finally starting to sink in that I'm really graduating. Huh. Neat. 

*Also, this post is #43 for this year. Which means that I totally met my goal of getting more posts than last year, and I still have two months to go! Woot! :)

3 comments:

  1. You know what we call people like you? Drowned rats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to take the Praxis? I have to take the one for counselors and I am taking it in Nov. I was really nervous until I started the practice tests last night. Not as bad as I thought it would be. But I will be happy to exchange that temporary license for a real one.
    7 months to graduation for me!!

    And what's up with wearing flip flops in that weather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to take the Praxis 2: Content Knowledge test before student teaching. There's another one called the PLT (principles of learning and teaching) that I have to take within 3 years of graduation. I think I'll do it in January when I have absolutely nothing else to worry about.

    I wore flip flops because it wasn't raining when we left. Also, we had flip flop day for red ribbon week this week. And it snowed. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete