What a day! Yesterday, I fell asleep around 1pm. And it was 8pm before I woke up for more than thirty seconds. That was when I finally put my pajamas on, ate a granola bar, and went back to bed. My travel buddy, Kylie, was asleep by then, too. Unfortunately, we were both wide awake around 2am. That would be 2:30pm the previous day over there. We were up reading our books until about 4:30; that's when I forced myself to go back to sleep for a while. I finally got up and showered around 7am, and we were down for breakfast by 8:45. They serve vegetables for breakfast...weird! But the food is good. :) And spicy. The Rising Star vans finally made it to the hotel just after 10, and we were on the road by 11. We stopped at the grocery store on the way for some snacks, and finally made it to campus just after 1pm. Woot!! We got the tour and the lowdown, split into our groups for the rest of the time, and then went to play time with the kids. Oh my gosh....they are so cute! And they talk so fast and I can't understand what they say hardly at all. Some of the girls braided my hair, and let's just say it looks way better than when I do it. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures of it. After play time, we had prayer time. I'm in the boys hostel this week, and our group of boys was a little rowdy tonight. But it was so fun to watch them sing "Baby Bumblebee", and "If All the Raindrops Were Lemondrops and Gumdrops". They also sang some song in Tamil. Something about a tsunami maybe? At least that's what it sounded like every now and then. Afterwards, we walked them to the dining hall, and then came back to the Elephant House and went to the roof for dinner. It was dark (it gets dark around 6:30pm) and therefore hard to see what I was eating, but it was tasty! Tomorrow is my first full day on the Rising Star campus and I get to spend it out in the colonies with the medical team. It's a little nerve wracking, but I'm excited. And I hope I see some of the bags we made for them in IWA a couple years ago!
There's 4 people on that bike. Yeah. 4. And we saw some with more than that!
Traffic is insane here!! No one pays attention to the lines on the road; they just drive wherever they fit. Literally. There's very few stop lights/signs. This was at a stoplight, which was only there so people from the crosswalk could go. Everyone crowds to the front. This was "light" traffic at this point in our journey.
Kylie and me in our first chididara's for the next 10 days!
I LOVE your chididara! It's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteDo you get to bring it back with you ?
ReplyDeleteNo. :( But I'm determined to find one I love so I can wear it on the first day of school next month.
DeleteI told don't go to bed til normal time the first day. You are always pretty much dead the first day but by the second day you are adjusted to local time. I thought you were going to be wearing a sari not a chididara?
ReplyDeleteActually, you didn't. And I never had problems with it when we went to NZ/Aus. And I wouldn't say I'm adjusted to local time. I was still wide awake at 4am.
DeleteSari's are for church. Chididara's are for every day wear.
Love the chididaras as well!
ReplyDeleteCynthia