Monday, May 3, 2010

And the Verdict Is....

I miss first grade. More than I ever missed preschool. Though I did randomly see two of my students over the weekend. That was exciting. They're doing their first grade program in a few weeks. I think I'm going to go and surprise my class. :) Remember how I mentioned that I hadn't told them when my last day was? Turns out Mrs. Mangum did, and in reading groups all week she had them all write me a note and draw me a picture. And they got me a book for my library and they all signed it. I think they were my favorite class ever! The really good news, though, is that Mrs. Mangum got my number so that she can call me to sub for her after I graduate in December. Yay! Also, I got my student teaching placement on Friday. I'll be at Sunrise, starting with 5th grade. Yikes! I've never done anything above third, so we'll see how this goes. I'll be in kindergarten for my second block. I get the feeling I'll be much more comfortable there.

I did two of my three finals today. Science and social studies. Oh and went to a math review. Don't worry. I'm probably going to fail my math test. Whatever my teacher told us in class had absolutely nothing to do with actually teaching math. So naturally I forgot it all, and in the review session today I felt like I was sitting in a foreign language class. Yeah, not cool. We'll see what happens come Wednesday. I also need to start packing. Normally, I'm half way done by now. But I haven't touched anything. When did I turn into such a lazy bum?! Maybe I should start working on that. Then again, it can always wait until tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment