Sunday, May 9, 2010

Summer

I moved home for the summer yesterday. I can't decide if that's really a good thing yet, or not. So I've decided to make a list of pros and cons to it. Here we go!

Cons:

  • Almost nonexistent social life
  • Chores
  • Sharing the bathroom with my brother
Pros:

  • NetFlix--I can now watch unlimited Hannah Montana and anything else I want on the view instantly. 
  • I don't have to buy groceries anymore
  • My own room (I love roommates, but I was ready for my own space again)
  • Unlimited access to a piano
  • A chance to sleep in every day
  • Free laundry (not that I didn't come home to do it in the first place. But at least now I don't have to drive to do it.)
  • Starting in a few weeks, I'll only be here on the weekends. Which means my social life won't be completely gone. 
  • I get to spend some time with Rian before he leaves for 2 years
I'm sure there's more, but I can't really think of it right now. Also, on Friday I signed my graduation application and turned it into the dean's office. I'll go pick it up sometime this week and turn it into the cashier's office, etc and it'll be official. I also got my application for a teaching license. So now the fact that I'm graduating in December is an even bigger reality. For now, though, I'm just ready for Mill Hollow to start!

3 comments:

  1. So do you have to take the praxis to get your license? I have to take it for my counseling license. That scares me more than internship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take the praxis content knowledge test before I could apply for student teaching. I also have to submit those scores in order to be allowed to get a license. So I guess yes, but I've already done it. Which praxis do you have to take?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The praxis for school counselors. I am getting nervous for all of the stats problems on it. I am not too worried about the counseling parts, just the math parts.

    ReplyDelete