On another note, my last day teaching first grade is Friday. I haven't told my kids I'm leaving yet. I know it's going to be hard for them. One little boy today came up to me and said, "Miss Barnes, I'm going to miss you when you're gone." I almost teared up. I'm really going to miss them.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Finally!
For the past 2 weeks I've been expecting a phone call or text from my brother telling me that his mission call had come and that I should hurry up and come home so he can open it. After 2 weeks of nothing, I had kind of given up on it coming this week. But when I checked my phone after school, I had a text from Dad saying that it was sitting on the living room floor and they were just waiting for me to get there. Oh, and when was I coming. That was at 3:30. I had to go to my class at 4:30. And it didn't get out until 5. So I didn't get home until 5:45. So I sat there and wondered for 2 hours. Ugh. Who decided I should have a Wednesday night class? (Oh yeah. I did so that I could have the better teacher.) Anyway, so I get home and when he opened it, he wouldn't even read it out loud. Weirdo. Turns out he's going to Nashville, Tennessee and leaves August 4th. (So I have to put up with him all summer after all. :P) I'm super excited for him. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so awesome with your brother's mission call! That is so exiting! With you being done with your st graders, they will always remember you. My mom is a teacher and still has old students that are grown up walk up to her and say that she taught them. It's really cool to see. :-)
ReplyDelete