Once upon a time I went to Logan to go to a movie with some friends. We wanted to go at 7:15, but when we got to the theatre, that showing was sold out. So we bought tickets for the 9:25 show. We went, laughed, ate junk food, and had a blast. Then as we're driving back to my friend's apartment, we're all of a sudden confronted with thousands of flashing lights. Okay, so thousands is exaggerating a little bit. But it was a lot. Neither of us knows what the heck is going on. I thought about calling Lacey to see if she knew, but since it was after 11, I was pretty sure she'd be in bed. Boy was I wrong. The apartments upstairs from her and Luke had caught fire. My friend lives in the complex behind theirs. So we park a block or so away, and walk down to where Lacey was and get the scoop as to what's going on. Then I realized that my car was blocked in by 3 fire trucks and a bunch of hoses. Go figure. How was I supposed to get home now? Well, we talked to Aundrea's bishopric for a few minutes and then we decided to go ask the firemen if they would let me out. Good news...they were super friendly and after teasing me for a minute, they said it was totally okay for me to leave. I felt kinda special getting to drive in the middle of all the fire trucks and police cars and ambulances.
In the midst of all of this, it was Lacey's birthday. Some birthday present, eh?
Also, Rian's birthday is tomorrow. So happy birthday to both of them!
Late last night while I was home in bed! Only, I probably wasn't home in bed at the time the fire occurred. Oh well.
ReplyDelete