It's finally spring break! I feel like it took three years for it to get here. Maybe more. Unfortunately, being a poor college student, I don't really have any big plans. But, the good news is that I did get a job for the week. Yay! I get to play nanny again and I'm so excited for it! I'll have three kids ages 6, 8, and 10. Lucky for me, they'll be in school during the day so I'll only have them from after school until I take them to school the next morning. From what I've seen of them so far, they seem pretty well-behaved, so hopefully it won't be a stressful week. Another exciting thing about that is I get to go do a reading group in the 10-year-old's class on Thursday. Yay, again!
After the break I will start practicum. I am so, so excited for it! It'll be nice to actually be using what I've been learning for the past 5 years and not just discussing it. The only thing I worry about is teaching math. I know it's only first grade, but still. We didn't talk about writing lesson plans or anything for math this semester. Math and I already don't get along, so I worry about making sure my students understand it. And I have to do three lessons! Oh boy. Maybe I should get started now...just sayin'. I also have to teach a science unit, something that boldly integrates social studies, do a reading assessment and remediation lesson with at least one student, and hopefully teach the writing unit I wrote last week. It's a good thing I have five weeks to get it all done!
I'm also in the process of applying for graduation--weird! But exciting at the same time. Hopefully it all comes through before the end of the semester and I go back to Mill Hollow all week. Oh and speaking of Mill Hollow, my manager finally called me on Monday. He said they will probably hire me as a counselor this year! Hooray for only having to work Monday-Friday! Since I only ever asked for weekends off before, that means I probably won't have to ask for any time off this year. :)
My brother officially turned in his mission papers this week. At least, I think he did. I know that was the plan. It's a good thing home is close enough that I can just go in the middle of the week when his call comes. Also, my roommate made me cinnamon rolls last night. They are seriously the best I've ever had! Check out the recipe here. Last, but not least, it really is finally starting to be spring! I've been able to wear just a light jacket all week and flip flops. It's so fantastic! Hopefully it just keeps getting warmer because if it snows again, I may or may not have a melt down about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment