Sunday, March 7, 2010

Remember


Remember: to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again
to retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of


So there I was, reading my scriptures while the sacrament was being passed today. That's a normal thing for me to do. But it seemed different today. As I read, I was thinking about everything that's gone on in the past month. And it's been a lot. Some of it's been exciting, and some of it not so exciting. I often let the stupid, little things bother me, even though I know I shouldn't. And then there's those times that I wonder if I'm even doing what I need to be doing. Like, should I really stick around Logan for another entire year? (And really, I know I need to. It's just that sometimes I start thinking too much and then I start to doubt my decision.) And then I came to this phrase in 2 Nephi 9:40: "Remember the greatness of the Holy One of Israel." and this one in verse 41: "Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him,..." and verse 52: "Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice." And then again in chapter 10 verse 22-23: "...And now behold, the Lord remembereth all them who have been broken off, wherefore he remembereth us also. Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves..."

Mostly, this is what I got out of that: Remember. I like the last definition above: to remain aware of. Pretty much all of our testimony meeting was focused on the plan of salvation and our Heavenly Father's love for us. And that we should always remember His sacrifice for us, etc. All that good stuff that we all always know. But I guess you could say that it was the answer I was needing. Because I already know what I need to do, I just need to remember what I know. It was kind of one of those "duh" moments. And that's my goal for the week: to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment