Wow. What a week. I'm so glad it's over.
Okay, really, it wasn't that bad. The kids were well behaved 90% of the time. But that other 10%....YIKES!! Being up and getting 3 kids ready for school at 6:30 every morning caught up to me real fast. And by that I mean that after they were off to school Tuesday morning, I went back to bed for 2 hours. That happened every morning except Thursday, when I got to go do a reading group in Alex's class. I'd never done a reading group with 4th graders before. It was interesting. And, I was a little surprised by the various reading levels that were still very apparent. I think one kid in my group was still on a second grade reading level. Crazy! I mean, I knew before ever going that something like that could be a possibility, but I guess I didn't really think it could happen. Okay, back from side topic. I got brave Friday night and took them to a movie. I was a little surprised when Cindy (their mom) told me that she didn't care if they saw something that was PG-13. Lucky for me, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid came out Friday, so I didn't have to deal with any potentially awkward and not kid-friendly scenes in some other movie. Also lucky for me, the one we did see was pretty funny.
Anyway, the worst part of the week was definitely Saturday, when the kids were home all day. Their mom had told me that if they stayed up late on Friday, they'd sleep in the next day. So I let them stay up til 11:30, fully expecting that they'd sleep til about 9 or 10. No. All three of them were up by 8:15!! My thought process was this: Really? Really?! Who does that?! And then I stayed in bed until 9 anyway, though I didn't sleep much since I had to listen and make sure they didn't try to kill each other. I was pretty excited that I'd made it through the week without any of them getting injured. And then we went to the park for lunch since it was absolutely gorgeous outside. And Ryan tried to climb a tree. Lucky for me, he didn't break anything when he fell; just deeply embedded a TINY sliver in his hand. So much for my nap on the grass. We headed home and it took me close to twenty minutes to finally get the thing out. I probably could have done it in five minutes if Ryan would have held still and stopped complaining that he wanted to wait for him mom to get it out. And really, I don't blame him. But there was no way in heck I was leaving a sliver in his hand for the next 8 hours. So I dug it out. A few hours later, Alex was complaining that Lauren had broken his glasses. (In all reality, they were just bent). At that point in time, though, I felt like telling him it was his own fault because they had both been told to stop messing around or someone was going to get hurt. I think they may have learned their lesson after the glasses incident. Also, when I talked to their parents Friday night, they were thinking they wouldn't get home until close to midnight last night. So I was overjoyed when they walked in the door at 10pm. Was the week worth it? Yeah. But like I said earlier, I'm SO glad it's over!
Tomorrow I start teaching first grade--yay! I'm pretty excited for it. I think part of the excitement comes from knowing that after the first two weeks, I get another week off since they'll be on spring break. :) Oh, plus my roommate went and got a boyfriend over the break. (Who does that?!) And she's getting me ice cream. (Okay, I'll let her keep the boyfriend for that. :P Actually, I'd let her keep him anyway....)
Last but not least, my little sister turned 22 yesterday. So happy birthday, Shayla!

Okay, I'm not even commenting on your post, I'm commenting on your new blog header. I like it losta! I just wish it had a picture of your tramp stamp and not just your shoulder tat. :P Just sayin'
ReplyDeleteThere is one of the tramp stamp. It's just smaller and so you can't see it as well.
ReplyDeleteAlong those lines, I would just like to say that I am officially horribly offended by your scandalous and inappropriate photo collage and you should change it before everyone discovers you are a horrible human being.
ReplyDelete;-)
you ARE not a horrible human being. Love Grandma
ReplyDeleteThanks, Grandma. And Lacey, I don't really care what you think about it. I like it.
ReplyDelete