I absolutely loved being in the YETC again today! I'm again amazed at the resources that are available for us to use. Today, I spent most of my time on Stellarium, the interactive website that lets you look at the constellations anywhere in the world. It was interesting to me to be able to see how the stars are different in Australia, where my aunt and uncle live, and what they look like here. Also, I was able to connect the way the page looked to what I actually saw when I was there last summer. Well, as much as I could remember from 8 months ago. I also spent a lot of time on the teacher resource page looking at lesson plans. I don't really enjoy writing lesson plans at all, and so the fact that there are so many examples avaliable online for me to follow makes my life so much easier! It's also a good place to get ideas for lessons that I will be able to adapt to my own classroom someday. We also learned about the website Delicious, where you can bookmark pages on the web instead of on your computer. I didn't play on this site myself, but I watched Nate do it on the projector and it looked like it would also be a helpful resource. One site that I noticed when he was showing us the delicious site was www.colorcombos.com. I went and visited this site for a few minutes and really enjoyed it. Here, one can come up with his or her own color scheme, or look at a list of what looks good with a certain color. It could be a great way to help teach students about color.
This session was VERY helpful for me. I was able to learn a lot about what is available for me to use now, and gave me ideas of sites I'll be able to use after I graduate and actually start teaching. It's gotten me excited for it all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment