Monday, February 23, 2009
Accident Prone
So once upon a time when I was like....um...probably 6 or 7 I was riding my scooter and somehow fell off. I hit my chin on the sidewalk and split it open. There was a willow leaf covering it though so I had no idea. I went in crying (I was a little kid, that's what they do) and when Mom pulled the leaf off she totally freaked out. Needless to say, I got stitches. 10 of them I think. Then two weeks later, the day (maybe the day after) I got those ones out, I was setting the table for dinner, stepped on the heater vent (I was barefoot so it hurt) and tripped into the chair, hitting my chin and split it right back open and got stitches again. I've managed to be pretty careful about things like that ever since. Until Saturday. Elise and I went ice skating at the Olympic Oval. She's in a figure skating class and has learned to spin and she taught me. So I did it. And stopped. And a couple seconds later WHAM! I face planted it on the ice. Got the wind knocked out of me too. I was fine though, my face just hurt a little bit. But when I stood up Elise was so kind as to tell me my chin was bleeding. So we skated slowly back to the other side to go turn our skates in and go to the doctor. Pretty sure the sight of me frightened all the little children that were on the ice and on their way up to the ice. We got to the instacare and they gave me a tetnus shot and now my whole upper left arm is basically dead. I guess my right arm smacked the ice pretty hard too because my elbow is all bruised and the arm is sore. My jaw is also sore. Lucky I didn't break it. So now, I'll have three scars on my chin. Woot. And I get the pleasure of being teased about for the next four days. And probably longer than that even. Oh the joys of being the accident prone child! The funny part, Mom didn't even freak out or react in any way until I told her how much it was going to cost. She didn't react to the fact that we were almost in a 5 car pile up the weekend before either. Sigh. Sometimes, I think she's getting boring in her old age. But don't tell her I said that..... :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment