Thursday, April 21, 2011

Still More Changes

So it seems that change is everywhere lately. Especially in the weather. I mean, c'mon! What is up with this bipolar weather? One minute it's super nice and sun shiny and the next it's thundering and lightning and pouring down rain. Which I probably would have enjoyed except for the fact that every time it thundered I suddenly had students in tears. Yeah. Not fun. However, being in the same class for a whole week is awesome! I've really gotten to liking these kids, and I'm kinda sad I won't see them again after tomorrow.

Now for the good change (I think/hope). I got me a summer job! I get to be a nanny again and I'm so super duper excited about it! This time it's a live-out position for a family down in Providence. So it'll only take me about 15 minutes to get to their house every morning. I'll have three kids this time, ages 4, 2, and a newborn as of today. So I'll get some daily baby cuddle time. :)  The only downside to taking this job is that I will have to stop subbing. And I've really enjoyed that a lot. So I'll finish up this one job tomorrow, one next week, and then two days in May. The rest of the time I'll be playing with those adorable boys and cute baby girl.

Also, yesterday I had to pass on my binders from IWA this year. :( Well, actually, I kept one of them as I have to finish collecting budgets from this semester. But then I have to give that one to Beckah, too. Sigh. Yes, I cried. I'm still so not ready to let this go. But the good news is, there's four weeks of IWA in June. And I'm really excited for it.

I'm also still applying for full time teaching positions, but I also still haven't heard back from any of them. So maybe I'll stick with this nanny job for a whole year. My life is full of changes right now, and I feel like they're never going to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment