Tonight was definitely a night of change. And I was definitely not ready for it. Tonight was the IWA spring banquet. Which means pretty much the end of the year. Two years ago at this banquet, I was sustained as chapter president for 2009-2010 and was NOT excited about it. At all. I'd never been president of anything and didn't know what I was going to do. Not only that, but I had to miss spring training because it was the same day that Luke and Lacey got married. So then I really didn't know what I was going to do. Then last year during the banquet, I was absolutely ecstatic to be released as president. But I was also getting sustained as an IC member for this year. The difference? I was overjoyed about this new calling, and was super impatient for this school year to start so that I could immerse myself in everything IWA.
And now, spring banquet has once again happened. Only this time, I wasn't put into a new calling. I was only released from my current one. Sure, I still have the next three weeks to finish out the year, and help train Beckah, who will be in my position next year. But it's still really hard for me to just hand it over to someone else. I don't want to do it. I just want to stay here forever.
However, change must happen. And I know that tonight is only the beginning of something greater. Or at least I hope it is. I have truly loved the opportunity I had to serve on the IC with such wonderful people. :)
The IC Officers: Hannah, Valerie, me, Elise, Heidi, Sarah
Megan, Amanda, and Torie
All of us with the IC Advisors
My other half this year, Jean Edwards. I just love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment