Monday, February 14, 2011

Life in the Not So Fast Lane

Ever wondered what the life of a recent college graduate is like? Well here's a look into what I've been up to lately:
Watching Jessi try to skateboard in my kitchen.

 Babysitting 2 of my favorite kids: Beckah and Andrew



Beckah just turned 3, and Andrew just turned 1. And their birthday party was awesome! It was Toy Story themed, and Beckah loved it! Andrew was a little more iffy about it. And it took him about 10 minutes to even want to dig into the frosting on the cake. But once he did, it was so much fun to watch!



The IWA spring formal was also a recent event in my life. It was themed like old Hollywood, and titled Unforgettable. It will for sure be an unforgettable night. That's probably the most fun I have EVER had a date. And thanks to Shayla for letting me borrow her awesome dress, which was also perfect for the night!

*I couldn't get this one to rotate. Just turn your head sideways and you'll get the point. :)

I've also been subbing quite a bit, and loving it! I will admit, though, that it's hard. I don't enjoy the part where I walk into a classroom without knowing the students, or the routines of the regular teacher, or which students to watch for behavior problems, etc. But I do love the chance that I have to see so many different things and really decide what I want in my classroom. Also, I applied for a job in Virginia and North Carolina last week. I kind of want the Virginia one more, but I guess we'll see what happens there.

Side note: It's Valentine's Day. It's probably my least favorite day of the year. I absolutely refuse to wear red, pink, or purple (not that I really wear pink or purple to begin with), and I hate that the radio plays mushy love song after mushy love song. Really, people, it's just another day. You shouldn't need a holiday to tell someone you love them, or get them flowers, or take them to dinner, or anything like that. You can do that whenever you want. 

Side note from the side note: If a certain boy were to call me and ask if he could take me to dinner tonight, or randomly got me flowers (hopefully they would be white daisies), I would be so super excited. But then again, I would be so super excited about that on any day. And I often think he's going to do something, but the never does. Guess whatever happens, happens, right?

Oh, and I'm going to the happiest place on earth in 19 days!!



2 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or is the sideways picture missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. It's actually the Disneyland one that's not showing up. :(

    ReplyDelete