Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Memories

Everyone is always saying something about remembering the reason for the season this time of year. That hasn't been a hard thing for me for the past 9 years.

Today makes it 9 years exactly since Great-Grandma Dora died. I think of her every Christmas, and then remind myself I have to do better so that I'll be sure to have the opportunity to see her again. But this year, my thoughts of Grandma Dora have led me to thoughts of friends that have died this year, and their families. First there was Natalie, who died of cancer in August. Then Devin in that tragic car accident just after Thanksgiving. And finally, my friend Emily, the one I mentioned in my last post. Also involved in a tragic accident, she was taken off life support Thursday night, and passed a couple of hours later. If it were me, I don't know that I'd ever get excited about Christmas again. But lucky for me, I know all three of those families, though sad, are going to pull through their tough times and be just fine. It's my thoughts and prayers for these families that lead me to thoughts of the Savior this year.

On a lighter note, I got to talk to Rian today. :) He wrote us a song about what we sent him for Christmas. I don't really remember it, but it was funny. He seems to be doing well, though, and it sounded like a party at the apartment they were at. Also, I'm super excited to go back to Logan this year. Turns out home is kinda boring when you're suddenly an only child.

No comments:

Post a Comment