On the 18th I took my friend, Rachael, home to West Jordan for the break. While I was down there I got to go with her and her family to Jon Schmidt's Christmas concert. Actually, that was the reason for me taking her home in the first place. But that's beside the point. The concert was fantastic! It was either the fourth or fifth of his that I'd been to, but the first where he had the entire band with him. And by that I mean his drummers, bass player and cellist. The others were all just him, except for the one in September where he brought his cellist with him. Rachael and I were expecting the concert to be an hour and a half, maybe two hours. It ended at 10:30pm. Three hours after it started. It didn't even seem like it had been that long! That's how good it was. I highly recommend going to one of his shows sometime. I know I'll do it again!
He played his song North Pole Express for us that night, showing this video on the screen behind him. Someone, somewhere set their Christmas lights to this song. It's pretty awesome; check it out!
Jon Schmidt has a band? News to me . . .
ReplyDelete