I finally made it to fall break. It's been a long time coming! The semester is actually going by really fast, and yet it's not fast enough. I've come to the conclusion that I never want to teach preschool. It's not that I don't enjoy it, and I know that in other preschool programs things don't have to be as detailed as they make us have it at the university, but still. Yuck! I've been working on my lesson plan for weeks now, and I'm still not finished. I think there's something wrong with this picture. Lesson plans shouldn't take weeks! And honestly, there's only so long a person can think about simple things like light and dark before they go crazy! Plus, almost everything I came up with my head teacher vetoed. Ugh. So I basically had to start over. Now, don't get me wrong; I do like my head teacher. But there are some things I think she needs to lighten up on. Like snack, for example. She doesn't eat sugar. Cool. Kudos to her. But if we want the kids to make anything that involves sugar, she makes us substitute honey in it's place. Talk about gross! And, what any other head teacher in any other class of our lab would say is an acceptable food experience for the children, my head teacher says isn't. She makes this student teaching thing so much more difficult than it should be! It definitely doesn't help that I have two other classes on top of the 40+ hours a week I spend on preschool stuff. Public school is looking more enticing to me every day...
On the bright side, I took a break from lesson writing tonight. Shouldn't have, but I did none the less. And I decided to post another favorite of Celtic Thunder songs. Okay, so most of them are my favorite. This one is Caledonia by the entire group. Oh how I would LOVE to see them in concert!
No comments:
Post a Comment