Wednesday, October 7, 2009

And There was Much Rejoicing!!

So on September 12th, I took a massive test. It's called the Praxis 2: Content Knowledge test. It's one that every elementary ed major has to take and pass with a score of at least 150 before handing in their student teaching application. I get to turn in my application in January. (Yay!) My plan had been to take the praxis over the summer, but alas, Mill Hollow totally and completely distracted me, and I forgot. Go figure, right? When school started, a couple of friends of mine were talking about how they were taking it in September. That's when I started to freak out a little. It takes a month to get your scores back and I couldn't wait until the November test and risk not passing it the first time. So I paid all the late and emergency test registration fees (yes, they are two different fees!) and took the test last month.

Yesterday, I decided to see if my scores were posted yet. It hasn't been a month, but they said that sometimes they come in early. So I logged into my account, and saw that they were there. I got really nervous. I was going to be so upset if I had only gotten a 149. I guess I got a worried look on my face because my roommate asked me if I was okay. I clicked on the score link and told her I didn't know yet. It seems like it took forever for those blasted scores to come up! But when they did, there was much rejoicing coming from me! I got a 169! I more than passed the test! So now I can print my scores and get to work on my student teaching application. :) The end of college really is in sight!

2 comments: