Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Best Night EVER!!!

Okay, so real quick update. School is super stressful right now. Teaching preschool is not as easy as it sounds. I still need to finish my lesson plan that's due Thursday. Actually, I probably should start that plan. Typing it at least. This was the longest week I've had in a long time! Last weekend, we went to Washington and spent the holiday at Grandma Barnes' cabin in Packwood. It was fun; but wet. It rained the entire 2 days there. Got some good pictures on the way home though.

On a clear day, you can see Mt. Rainer in the middle of the trees here.



This morning I took the praxis. It's the content knowledge test that all el ed majors have to take and pass before they can apply for student teaching. I'm planning on student teaching next fall. It was little weird to be reading a question in the history section about events that I remember. :S I know I didn't pass with flying colors, but I don't think I failed either. Guess I'll find out in a month. Then, tonight, Daisy (aka Janielle) and Shannon and I went to Brigham City to Peach Days. Only for one reason though: Jon Schmidt was playing a concert there. :D And, it was free. And, it was AMAZING!!! I love to watch Jon Schmidt live! Someday, I will be able to play as well as he does.

I so wish I could play like that!
Those darn bushes were were in our way, but it was still fun. :)

This one is "Love Story Meets Viva La Vida." My camera card didn't have enough space on it, so the last 45ish seconds of the song got cut off. :( Sad, I know. But the rest is fantastic!


One of my all time favorite Jon Schmidt songs ever: "Dumb Song." He has to wear the crazy wig to prevent head injury from all the "head banging" he does at the end of the song. It's awesome.
The random kid in the middle of this one is there because his dancing was highly entertaining. You can't see him very well though, which is a bummer.

Tomorrow, I get to go down to Provo to sing at the CES Fireside. I'm pretty stinkin' excited for it. I'll get to see some Mill Hollow friends, and Kat will be there too. Yay! Plus, singing at the fireside is going to be an awesome experience, as it always is. My next goal: to be in a choir that gets to sing for General Conference. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a record of when I sang in a choir at General Conference. Uncle Everett and Great-Grandma Hulsey have sang there also. Hope you can sometime. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete