Saturday, July 25, 2009


The past two weeks have been so busy. I worked my first weekend group of the summer last week. It actually wasn't too bad. I had to pull 20 hours in 2 days though. I don't ever want to have to do that again. But hey, I reached 40 and that's all that matters. Well, that and we actually got everything done. Last Friday, Edna, Brownie, Fonix and I all went star gazing on the water tower. We were up there for like, 2 hours. Maybe more. The water tower is pretty much the best place ever to go star gazing. We ended up having a competition to see who could see the most shooting stars. Brownie won, hands down. Though the rest of us weren't far behind. When I actually got home last Saturday, I didn't have anywhere to go for once. It was amazing! I love, love, love lazy weekends!

We went back up to camp on Monday, though I didn't have to work until Tuesday. It was so fun to have a day to do nothing up there, where it's much cooler than in the valley! On Wednesday, half of the staff got to go home. We had a super small group of kids Wed-Fri so we only needed a few counselors. It was a little weird to serve only one meal. But we got everything cleaned up and done so much faster. I loved it! I got to come home yesterday...hooray! I rode the bus down for the first time ever. I went with Dot, Daisy, Pi, Cub, and Edna. That bus driver went so flippin; fast down that mountain road! When we got to the s curve, I seriously thought we were going to flip and die. It was scarry. But we didn't and the ride was super fun. Then last night, I went to Logan to play with Tayna and Megs. It was so fun! Megs and I went to the 24th of July fireworks in North Logan. We sat on top of my car, which ended up denting it. Luckily, we could push the ceiling up from the inside and then it wasn't dented anymore. Whew! Then we went to Tayna's apartment and sort of helped her finish packing. She's moving to Arizona to teach band. It still hasn't sunk in that she actually left today. Then today, Megs and I slept in (yay!) and then went to the mall and PetSmart. Megs wanted to go there to look at turtles so we just looked at the other pets too. There was this hamster that we're positive has ADD. He was running everywhere and never stopped and was really funny to watch. I've never been so amused by a hamster before. :P

Overall, it's been a pretty fun 2 weeks. Only 3 more weeks at Mill Hollow and 4 weeks until I move back to Logan. I'm so excited for school to start again, but at the same time, I'm kind of nervous. I have to somehow manage being IWA chapter president, with all those meetings and what not, as well as teaching preschool 5 days a week. Plus 2 other classes. I guess this is the semester where I learn to manage my time more wisely... :)


This is our "Tayna is moving to Arizona" face.

Me and Megs on top of my car.
The finale!
Copper, Pedals, Dot and Cupcake during our staff talent show.

No comments:

Post a Comment