I had a student break down this morning. Again. It happens at least once a week...not necessarily the same student every time, though. I'm just tired of dealing with it. And he's done it before, but not like today. I think it was about 20 minutes out in the hall trying to convince him that he doesn't really want to quit school, and that he really is a smart kid. Somewhere in this conversation, I suggested something he could do when he encounters a problem with another student and asked him if he would try it for a day. His response?
"I can't do that! My name is NOT test! I don't test things out unless my name is test!"
I'm glad he can still make me laugh even when he's screaming in the hallway. :)
Other funny things I heard today:
"Miss Barnes, can I have your autograph? You're probably going to be famous after that super cool dance."
"Did your boyfriend come to watch you dance?"
"How could you keep that a secret from us? We're practically your kids!"
"It's the last day of school!" "I hate to break it to you, but you have to come back to first grade after spring break, kiddo" (That was said by another student.....not me.)
What do you teach at that school that a first grader has a breakdown and wants to quit? Calculus?
ReplyDelete