Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer

I'm such a blog slacker lately. I think about it often, but then never get around to it. Maybe that will change when I move?

My summer has consisted of lots of time with these cute kids:




Everett is finally learning to read, and he loves it! And I love it. :) Karcher keeps surprising me with his language skills. I've gone from being "Ashee" to "Ashwee". Maybe he'll get the /l/ sound before my last day. Jovie is just hilarious. We've decided she sounds like a peacock. She says hi to anyone who comes into the room and squawks when she does it. She loves dancing, especially to the ABC's. Cracks me up. Every time. :)

I got to go to the blessing of another adopted niece. It was so fun to hang out with Chris and Susie's families! And I'm going to miss my play dates with Beckah and Andrew.


BUT.....I'm going to be an aunt for real in December!! I'm super excited about it, and he is going to be so spoiled/already is so spoiled. But at least I'll be the favorite aunt. :)


I finally got to go back and see the Idaho Falls fireworks on the 4th of July! It was such a random road trip, but we all had so much fun and it was great to get out of Utah for the day!







I finally spent a day at Bear Lake....for only the second time ever in my life. Crazy, I know. We walked on who knows what slimy grossness and smelled like lake when we got home, but it was so worth it! I was out as soon as I hit my pillow last night, and didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 9 this morning. First time that's happened for a while!

I got my room at Mom and Dad's house all cleaned and packed this past week. Now I need to find the motivation to clean and pack my apartment. Ugh. Anyone who so desires can come and do it for me! I also have a gazillion lesson plans to finish by August 3rd. I'll let people do those for me, too, if there's any volunteers!

However, the best news of the summer? Two things: Rian comes home in 3 weeks! And 10 days later the open house for the Brigham City temple starts. Can't wait for either one!




2 comments:

  1. Definitely already spoiled. Mom spent practically the whole Yellowstone trip shopping for him. And I think she actually considered getting the four foot tall bear I suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But she only got one thing. I've gotten.....let's just say a lot more than that.

    ReplyDelete