Back in March, I went to North Carolina for a job interview. It was fun to be out there and spend the weekend with Jason and Shayla, and I liked the school. But the school in general was a little weird at the same time. Not really sure why. Then, about a week after I got back from my trip to NY/DC, I got an email from a school in Pleasant Grove. Went down for the interview, and it was super good! Good enough that I was positive I was going to be offered something. The guy I met with said it would take about a week before I'd hear anything (way better than the 3 months the NC people told me. Yeah, still haven't heard a thing from them). So after a week, I hadn't heard anything. I waited a few days past that and then emailed the guy that did the interview. Waited another week and still nothing. Then I started to think that maybe it had gone worse than I thought and they really didn't want to hire me. But I emailed him again anyway. A couple days later I finally got something back. Yay! He was working on trying to get me a spot in 5th grade, since that's what I preferred, but it looked like that wasn't going to work. Bummer. But, the next day he called me. He explained in more detail what had been going on, and then asked if I would be okay with first grade or kindergarten and which I preferred. So of course I said that would be great. I was then told I would be hearing from HR within a week, for sure. Three hours later, when I got home from work, bam! There was the email offering me a position as the first grade teacher at the charter school. YAY! That was probably the best day of the summer; so far, at least.
I'll be honest, there have been several times in the past 3 weeks that I've asked myself if I'm really ready for a grown-up job. Most of the time I think I'm not. But I don't really have a choice now, because I went down last week and signed all of the paper work, etc. So now it's 100% happening. Yikes! But I'm also super excited for it. I should be getting a curriculum planning schedule (or something like that) in the next couple of days. And then I get to spend the rest of my summer writing lesson plans when I'm not at work. And doing who knows what else (which translates to: let's see what I can find on pinterest that I think I might be able to use my first year teaching).
In other news, work has been great! Jovie turned 1 in April...uh, where did that year go?! She finally started pulling herself up to standing a few weeks ago. And now she actually crawls...not just her half scoot/half army crawl she'd been doing. She'll even hold my hands and walk around with me. :) She can almost stand on her own without something to hold on to. We're guessing she'll be walking by the end of July, for sure. Everett graduated preschool, and is super excited for kindergarten in the fall. I've been reading Junie B. Jones books to him, and he keeps telling me he wants to be just like her when he "goes to the grade of kindergarten." Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Karcher's social and language skills have skyrocketed. Pretty sure that kid never stops talking now! The terrible two's showed up about a month ago. Constant whining, hitting, biting, poking, pulling hair...you name it, he does it. Sure hope he grows out of that soon!
Sure will miss those smiling faces when I move!



No comments:
Post a Comment