Friday night, I had a sleepover with Megs. We didn't go to bed until almost 1am, and then we met up with Ryan, Christina, and (big surprise to us!) Matt, around 7:30. The goal had been 7, and we didn't actually get on the road until 8. Megs and I headed off for Salt Lake where we picked up Justin, and the others headed towards Fielding to pick up Josh. We all met a Justin's around 9:30, and then headed to Cedar City to trade Ryan and Megan's cars for her parents van. After her dad made us lunch, we were finally off to California!




There was something Nascar going on in Vegas, so we hit some major traffic there. (But at least it was finally warm!) We stopped in Primm for gas and randomly saw Aundrea there. That was super exciting. :) Our next stop was Barstow for dinner in a train car and then we didn't stop again until we got to Newport Beach. Whew! It definitely made for one super long day. But it was so nice to be walking around outside at 11pm with no jacket!
Sunday, we went to church and saw the temple, and just sat around and recovered from our super long drive. We played games, walked around the resort and took pictures, watched Indiana Jones and got really excited for Disneyland the next day.






Monday was great! It broke my 13 year streak since being in Disneyland. It was supposed to rain that day, so all of us took jackets and wore long pants, etc. And then it ended up not raining at all.. It was super warm and it was a pain to carry jackets around all day. But it did get cold that night, so in the end we were grateful to have them. We spent the whole day at Disneyland and California Adventure. Too bad I had a massive headache all day long. It was still fun, though. And when we got back to the condo, we sat in the hot tub. Tuesday we did the Disneyland/California Adventure thing again. Turns out it's much better when you don't have a headache! Things on dark rides suddenly weren't playing tricks on my eyes, and I more thoroughly enjoyed everything. :) We sat in the hot tub again that night too.











One of my favorite moments was when Amanda came to hang out with us for a couple hours. :) We saw several other Aggies at Disneyland, too, though.
Wednesday was probably my most favorite day of the week. We slept in til like, 10, and then just bummed around the condo until Josh and Christina and Josh's parents got back from the temple. I actually really wish I hadn't woken up with a headache so I could have gone with them. But Justin, Matt, Ryan, Megs and I had fun too. Once they got back, we ate lunch and got ready to go to the beach. It was beautiful! And since it's a state park beach, it wasn't super crowded either. Which is awesome. And the water wasn't even that cold!





After the beach, we all got ready to go to Wicked! Okay, really, Megs and I decided to take the time to get ready. Everyone else just changed speedy quick and went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Ryan brought cheesecake back for the two of us, though. Wicked was so, so AMAZING!! Oh my gosh. There are not even words to describe how awesome that play is! I need to see it again so bad! And yes, right now it is a need. After the third time it will be a want. (Okay, so it's a want AND a need right now.) I was seriously blown away by the awesomeness that is Wicked. And I bought a t-shirt for $39. Most expensive t-shirt I will ever own. But I love it. :)




Megs and I were definitely in love with the show!
Thursday we went back to do the Disneyland/California Adventure thing for one more day. It was the warmest day of the week, so I broke out the shorts and flip flops. It was great! We weren't able to walk onto as many rides this time, since it was closer to the weekend, but it was still not a long wait for a lot of it. Also, California Screamin' is my new favorite roller coaster. Yep. Even beats the Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM in Florida. And that's sayin' a lot because I really liked that one too. We didn't take as many pictures, because by then we'd done almost every photo op available. We went back to the Golden Horseshoe for lunch hoping it would be the same show, but it was different. Just as funny, though. We did quite a few other shows, as well, and didn't ride as many rides. We also spent a lot of time shopping. And we got our fast passes for World of Color. And met Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too.





Since there was 7 of us, we decided at the very beginning of the trip that we were the 7 dwarfs.

World of Color was so worth the hour wait! The guy that designed the fountain at the Bellagio (sp?) designed the fountains for this incredible display of water and color. I'm only going to put up a few pictures, and I'm also posting a video of the show. Just fyi, the video is 30 minutes long...which means it shows the whole show. Just know that it's better in person. It was almost as good as Wicked. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment