I've always wondered why saying goodbye to people you love is so hard. Yesterday was my last day at Mill Hollow. I have really grown to love that place over the past three years. I've made some life-long friends by being there. And though I was ready for the end to come, I wasn't ready for what it brought with it. I know I'll see all of them again, since we always have a staff Christmas party or something, (and because most of the boys are only 18, so I'll have a few more mission farewells to go to!) but still. Saying goodbye to everyone (including the managers) was so hard this year. I think part of that had to do with the fact that I know I will likely not go back next summer. We had one last round of summer fun on our way home, though. We took Finn to his house in the Pleasant Grove area, so instead of going through Park City, we went through Provo. We stopped at Dairy Keen. It was awesome. And tasty.

There was one other person I had to say goodbye to this weekend. My dear friend, Natalie Jolley passed away last Saturday. I had the wonderful opportunity of attending her funeral this morning. I only met Natalie last spring, as we were called to serve together on the IC this coming school year. I only knew her for a short time, but I heard her testimony on several occasions during that time, and it was such a treat every time. If you read her blog, you'll know what I mean. Someday, I want to grow up to be like Natalie. She is definitely a hero to me!
You are such a picture stealer.
ReplyDeleteThere's a Dairy Keen in Provo?
ReplyDeleteElise, I don't steal all my pictures. Just some of them.
ReplyDeleteAunt Sandra, there's not one in Provo that I know of. We stopped in Heber.