Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Looking Back

Tayna came over last week and she and I were talking about high school and looking at our senior year book. Then we started talking about the year that we lived together in Logan and all the fun times we had. It made me think about the random, crazy things I've done since graduating.

~My first year at Snow, there were several guys chasing Kat. One of them drove a red Vibe. None of us particularly liked him, and she had tried to nicely tell him to go away several times (at least I think she did). One day we drove into the parking lot at Oak Tree and saw his car. Kat immediately said "Oh crap!" and turned around. To this day that phrase is the first thing that comes to mind when I see a red Vibe.

~The next year, we were still trying to get away from the weirdo guys that always chased Kat and Smiley. One guy called himself Mouse. He even wore a tail. One Sunday we drove all the way to Manti and spent an hour walking around at the temple because we'd gone home to him sitting on the stairs. Smiley even got a quote on our wall when she said "Maybe our Kat will chase out Mouse..."

~That same year, Susie was in LD's (I wasn't until spring semester). While they were gone on tour that fall, Kat, Smiley and I went to the institute and put sticky notes all over Susie's car. They all had some sort of message on them about how we missed her and Cary Grant had failed us, etc. That was the same weekend we decided boys are dumb.

~Turns out we were funny people that year with other quotes like these: "My date ran away...will you two play with me?" -Kat  "Am I in the straight lane?" -Susie "Will you be my molecule?" -Ashli "Only if you'll be my enzyme (or substrate)." -Kat (in answer to Ashli).

~I had the best summer job ever in 2006. I spent it as a nanny in Indiana and loved every minute of it. I even got used to the humidity. I might go back to teach there after I graduate.

~My third year down in Ephraim made for some extra fun times. I had awesome roommates plus all my LD's buddies. There were times when Jamie and I would sit and talk in our room until 2 or 3 in the morning. We'd often turn on some music to fall sleep to (as we had the year before as well) and it would end before we'd shut the light off.

~Spring break 2007 was almost fatal. A bowling ball fell on Elise's head. I didn't really laugh about it then (as you'll see here) but it sure makes me laugh now. :)

~I had the second best summer job in 2007. That was my first year at Mill Hollow. I didn't go until the endish of June though, so I didn't get the chance to be as close to the staff as I was this past summer. I liked it enough that I went back though. And I will likely go back this summer.

That's all my reminiscing for a while. I might do more later though. I find it to be fun to look back and laugh at myself. :)

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!?! The only mention I get is the time I almost DIED? I feel so under-appreciated. I might go cry myself to sleep.

    Also, I bet I know someone we could get to be your molecule.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said this was all for now. I only went through 3 years...and I didn't know you until the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete