The same thing is happening again. School starts tomorrow and for the past week (at least, probably more knowing me) I have once again been worrying about how to juggle school, my calling, and my social life. I have just as much of a work load for school, and of course IWA will keep me constantly busy. Which, therefore, leaves little time for a social life. Again. And every time I think about it, it depresses me. Why? Because once again, I'm not willing to give up my social life.
And then there was church today. I had managed to not really dwell on the above mentioned thoughts much since Friday. But for some reason, it all came back to me this morning as I was getting ready for church. I was still somewhat thinking about how to get through the semester by the time we started singing the closing hymn, How Firm a Foundation. The speakers ended early, so we ended up singing all seven verses. When we got to verse 4, though, I suddenly had a hard time singing.
"When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'erflow,
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress."
The third line was the one that really got me. And it's the one that has now given me the hope that everything will balance out this semester. :)
It will, if you just remember and keep doing what you know is right. Thank you for hanging in there. Love Grandma
ReplyDeleteOh Ash your so great! Hang in there! Everything will work out!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Ashli! It is always crazy, but you will definitely be rewarded! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteNo matter what is going on in my life there is always at least one verse of this song that reaches that part of me that needs reaching.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. You will make it through.
Thanks! I love you all! The good news is I have one week down. Only 13 more to go. :)
ReplyDelete