Monday, April 13, 2009
Web Applications
Today we did an online reading tutorial for 4th and fifth graders. The voice of the girl on this tutorial really bugged me, but other than that I think it's a great tool for teachers. When students have some free time, or when the class goes to the computer lab, something like this would be really good to use to help students reading skills. It's a new look at how to figure out cause and effect. I also liked that if you gave a wrong answer, it told you why it was wrong and then told you what to look for to get the right answer. And it gives you lots of practice which is also a good thing. A weakness that I found in this tutorial is the voice of the character. Her voice really really bugged me. But, for all I know, kids wouldn't mind it. But if I were to change something about it, I would make the voice a little bit more realistic and not so monotone. I think that would make it more exciting for the students using the program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment