Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A look into my thoughts

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to post about, but it seemed like it was time for another post. This is what my fingers came up with.

1. I really miss India.
2. I'm already into my third week of the school year. And I'm loving it.
3. I teach all girls this year.
4. We often have GTT (girl talk time) but only because they are constantly asking me questions about my life.
5. My girls are under the impression that because their teacher from 4th grade got married before the end of the year, that it'll happen to me, too. We'll see about that....
6. Have I mentioned how much I miss India lately?
7. Fall break is in 5 weeks.
8. That means I have to wait 5 weeks for more cuddle time with one of the most adorable babies on the planet.
9. Yes, that means I'm going on another vacation this year. My life rocks.
10. I am actively in the planning stages for summer vacation 2014. I'm finally going to get an Ireland stamp in my passport!
11. I really should be sleeping right now.
12. I'm 99% committed to going back to India over Thanksgiving next year. Anyone want to join me?
13. I think I've killed a bug in my room every morning since I got back from India. I also think that means I've seen more bugs here than I did there.
14. Next time I ride an elephant, I want to go through the jungle. But going up to a castle was pretty cool, too.
15. I've thought many times about doing a post about my tour through Jaipur, Agra, and Delhi, but have yet to actually get around to it.
16. We're having a ward camp out this weekend, not very far past Mill Hollow. I'm so excited to go spend a weekend in the mountains!
17. I highly dislike teaching math, but I love that it's the first hour of my day.
18. As of right now, I plan on wearing a skirt to work tomorrow. Probably won't happen again until next school year.
19. The other teachers found out I play the violin....and now they think I need to play for an assembly. Guess I should start practicing?
20. Tuesdays are my favorite because I only have to teach until lunch. The rest of my day is prep time. :)
21. But I also love Wednesdays because it's frisbee day. And Thursdays because I get to go cheer my roommates on at their softball games. And Fridays because it's Friday. And Saturday and Sunday because it's the weekend. And Monday means fhe, which is usually quite entertaining.
22. Apparently I love every day of the week for some reason.
23. I'm placing my first book order of the year in a couple weeks and I am going to pre-order the next book in the Heroes of Olympus series. Yep....can't wait!
24. Still wondering how a student can make it to the 5th grade and yet not be able to read.
25. Ordered colored contacts today! And they'll be here in time for picture day. :)
26. I also ordered 4 pairs of glasses for "try on at home". I get them for 7 days for free so I have time to decide which ones I like and want to keep.
27. I wish India wasn't so far away so I could go more often.
28. Boys are dumb. But I still like hanging out with some of them.
29. We might go berry picking this week. Or next week. Or the week after. But we're for sure going!
30. "You heard about Pluto? That's messed up, right?"

2 comments:

  1. I love this post Ashley! Seriously, amazing. I am so envious that you get to travel to so many fun places. I wish I could join you! If only money grew on tress. I would love to see more posts about your adventures in India! I would also like to hear your plans for Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got part 1 of my tour posted tonight! :) As of right now, we don't have any definite plans for Ireland...just that we're going. I wish money grew on trees, too.....then I could travel more often!

      Delete