Sunday, September 18, 2011

Umm...what?

I realized today that it's been nearly a month since I put anything on here. I mean really, you'd think I had a life or something. :)      Actually, that's exactly what happened. It's called everyone moved back to Logan and there was suddenly a lot more to do, people to see/meet, and places to go.

I love my new roommates! We don't have any pictures together yet, but we'll fix that soon. Tiffany is a junior from Roosevelt, and Chaeli is a freshman from South Weber. They're both elementary education majors, so basically our apartment rocks at life! I love that we don't have a tv, and so we have to actually go and do something together or just sit and chat. Last night, we sat in our kitchen telling awkward boy stories for 3 hours. Yeah, that's how cool we are. :)

Work has been so good! I love seeing all the crazy things those 2 boys can come up with to do. They are seriously so funny. And I love that they are so interested in learning new things. Right now, Everett is way into learning to write his numbers. And he's getting to be so good at writing his first name, and I just recently started him learning to write his last name. My goal is that his kindergarten teacher next year will be in shock at how much he can do. (Hey, I can aim high for him, right?) Really, though, he's starting to realized that if he just sits down and does his work, he can play that much sooner. And it's starting to be interesting to him.







Karcher's such an indecisive kid. One day he loves school and can't wait to be there, and the next day he screams so much that I just don't even leave him there. I don't get it. But hey, he's slowly warming up to the idea of being there without me or Erinn. He loves copying people, especially Everett. And he absolutely adores Jovie! Speaking of which, she's 5 months old in 3 days! While I was gone last week she started rolling all the way over. There's definitely no leaving her places now. The next thing we know, she'll be crawling and we'll have to put a gate up by the stairs. She loves to be held where she can see everything around her, and the best thing to calm her down? The fish.





We also did a couple of way fun activities before I left on my trip. First, we made a xylophone. Who knew water and food coloring would entertain 2 little boys for so long?!





My favorite of the two activities was definitely the sidewalk chalk paint. Equal amounts of water and cornstarch, plus a few drops of food coloring and bam! Best thing ever invented. It dries fairly fast, and washes away just like regular sidewalk chalk.






This was my first week back since my trip, and they were all getting over a cold. I'd been pretty determined to not get it, but Friday night started to not feel so great. Turns out lots of Airborne and vitamin c and orange juice and 12 hours of sleep in one night can beat it. As of today, there's no cough or runny nose or anything. Other than I'm super tired. It's great! Now hopefully it lasts....

Oh yeah. I also got a new calling this week. Sunday school teacher. :S I am SO not excited about it. In fact, when the bishop told me, I even pulled a face. That's how much I don't want to do it. But I couldn't say no. So today I got set apart. At least I have 5 weeks before I'll actually have to teach to get used to the idea. Scratch that. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it. But I'm a good girl, and I'm going to do it anyway. : | Guess I'd better go to that training meeting now...




1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to try that sidewalk chalk recipe for when my baby is older! :-)

    ReplyDelete